|author||David Runge <email@example.com>||2019-04-19 08:51:51 +0200|
|committer||David Runge <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2019-04-19 08:51:51 +0200|
posts/*: Fixing the use of the sphinx-only :abbr: docutils role (by defining a new custom role per instance).
Diffstat (limited to 'posts/201604-extended-longevity-of-a-htc-one-s-using-cyanogenmod.rst')
1 files changed, 36 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/posts/201604-extended-longevity-of-a-htc-one-s-using-cyanogenmod.rst b/posts/201604-extended-longevity-of-a-htc-one-s-using-cyanogenmod.rst
index 71eb0f5..2d7531a 100644
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ The mobile
| I own a quite old - at least by today's standards of planned obsolescence for every consumer device - |htc_one_s| (2012), that won't be receiving any more Android upgrades (|htc_one_s_last_update|: version 4.0.4) or support by its manufacturer directly or any distributor for that matter.
| It's quite a nice, small and lightweight phone, that by now has seen the world and besides a self-administered chassis change hasn't yielded any serious problems.
-| The phone doesn't have much RAM or much space. Neither does it have a microSD card slot, :abbr:`NFC (Near field communication)` or other fancy new stuff that people seem to need.
+| The phone doesn't have much RAM or much space. Neither does it have a microSD card slot, |abbr_nfc| or other fancy new stuff that people seem to need.
@@ -33,13 +33,13 @@ _______
* |f-droid_antennapod| - Advanced podcast manager and player
* |f-droid_ardroid| - Remote control for |ardour|
* |f-droid_cadroid| - Certificate importer
-* |f-droid_connectbot| - :abbr:`SSH (Secure Shell)` and local shell client
-* |f-droid_conversations| - :abbr:`XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol)` client
+* |f-droid_connectbot| - |abbr_ssh| and local shell client
+* |f-droid_conversations| - |abbr_xmpp| client
* |f-droid_davdroid| - Contacts and Calendar sync
* |f-droid_droidshows| - TV series browser and tracker
* |f-droid_f-droid| - Application manager
* |f-droid_firefox| - Web browser
-* |f-droid_irssi_connectbot| - Specialised :abbr:`SSH (Secure Shell)` Client
+* |f-droid_irssi_connectbot| - Specialised |abbr_ssh| Client
* |f-droid_k-9_mail| - Full-featured email client
* |f-droid_kontalk| - Community-driven messaging
* |f-droid_kore| - Remote control for |kodi| (XBMC)
@@ -54,7 +54,7 @@ _______
* |f-droid_openkeychain| - Encrypt files and communications with OpenPGP
* |f-droid_opentasks| - Keep track of your list of goals
* |f-droid_openvpn_for_android| - |openvpn| without root
-* |f-droid_openvpn_settings| - :abbr:`VPN (Virtual Private Network)` settings
+* |f-droid_openvpn_settings| - |abbr_vpn| settings
* |f-droid_osmand| - Offline/online maps and navigation
* |f-droid_orbot| - |tor_project| (anonymity) client
* |f-droid_orwall| - Force apps to use |tor_project|
@@ -64,7 +64,7 @@ _______
* |f-droid_practice_hub| - Tools for musicians
* |f-droid_port_authority| - Port scanner
* |f-droid_quickdic| - Offline translation dictionary
-* |f-droid_sms_backup| - Backup :abbr:`SMS (Short Message Service)` and call logs to :abbr:`IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)`
+* |f-droid_sms_backup| - Backup |abbr_sms| and call logs to |abbr_imap|
* |f-droid_silence| - Send encrypted text messages (SMS/MMS)
* |f-droid_satstat| - Signal Generator for tablets
* |f-droid_signal_generator| - Signal Generator for tablets
@@ -84,8 +84,8 @@ ________________
| One of the more notable projects was to bring |tor_project| to Android.
| The |guardian_project| has more buns in the oven though. Some are directly available through |f-droid|, others only through their own |guardian_project_repository|. This is a collection of the currently available projects:
-* |guardian_project_chatsecure| - A free and open source messaging app that features |otr| encryption over :abbr:`XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol)`
-* |guardian_project_orbot| - A free :abbr:`proxy (a computer network service that allows clients to make indirect network connections to other network services)` app that empowers other apps to use the internet more securely
+* |guardian_project_chatsecure| - A free and open source messaging app that features |otr| encryption over |abbr_xmpp|
+* |guardian_project_orbot| - A free |abbr_proxy| app that empowers other apps to use the internet more securely
* |guardian_project_camerav| - The easiest way to capture and share verifiable photos and video proof on a smartphone or tablet, all the while keeping it entirely secure and private
* |guardian_project_obscuracam| - A photo and video app for Android that keeps certain information private.
* |guardian_project_pixelknot| - An Android application that allows users to hide short text-based messages in photographs and share them across trusted channels.
@@ -397,3 +397,31 @@ Yay!
<a href="https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Devices" target="_blank">supported devices</a>
+.. |abbr_nfc| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Near field communication" >NFC</abbr>
+.. |abbr_ssh| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Secure Shell" >SSH</abbr>
+.. |abbr_xmpp| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol" >XMPP</abbr>
+.. |abbr_vpn| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Virtual Private Network" >VPN</abbr>
+.. |abbr_sms| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Short Message Service" >SMS</abbr>
+.. |abbr_imap| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="Internet Message Access Protocol" >IMAP</abbr>
+.. |abbr_proxy| raw:: html
+ <abbr title="a computer network service that allows clients to make indirect network connections to other network services" >proxy</abbr>